Back to Basics Birth For Bub Savvy Parents: Weekend Workshop
Looking for a way to prepare for a calm, positive birth and the best start to early parenting?
Then this Weekend Workshop is for you.
Birth and early parenting are meant to be a wonderful, positive experience.
Nature wants you to do it again and again!!
This weekend workshop isn’t about teaching “textbook” do’s and don’ts about birth, breastfeeding, and early parenting.
It is about helping you understand what YOU can do to get the best possible experience for you, your baby, and your family.
Two of Perth’s Top Multi-Award Winning Educators are joining forces to present the ultimate birth and baby workshop.
What you will learn:
DAY 1 with Vicki Hobbs: Birth Education
- An understanding of your pregnant body and its ability to birth naturally and calmly;
- Changes in your body and natural ways to ease discomfort and pain during pregnancy;
- The stages of labour and how you can work with your body to achieve a positive birth;
- The Five Senses of Birth – natural tools and techniques for a positive, calm birth;
- Your hormones and how they help your birth;
- The role of your partner or birth support team;
- Using essential oils during pregnancy, labour, birth and postnatally;
- Relaxation, breathing and visualisation techniques that you can use during pregnancy and labour;
- Creating your own positive affirmations and vision boards to empower you for your birth so that you feel strong mentally and physically;
- Identifying and releasing your fears of birth;
- Massage and acupressure techniques your partner / support person can use to assist you during labour and through your contractions;
- An opportunity to discuss and create your own Birth Plan;
- Natural Pain Relief Options – do you know what they are and the benefits of using them?
- Delayed cord clamping;
- Birthing your placenta;
And most importantly how to enjoy your birth
Day 2 with Pip Wynn Owen: When things don’t go to plan and how to be Bub Savvy
- Writing a birth plan.
- What happens if things don’t go to plan.
- Discussion of common interventions and your choices in these situations.
- Importance of the first hours after birth.
- The best way to successfully initiate and continue breastfeeding.
- What to expect during your immediate postpartum period.
- What “sleeping like a baby” actually means and how to improve your nights so you can enjoy your days.
- The best way to meet your baby’s and YOUR needs in the first few weeks.
How to work together as a team for a great birth and a great start to parenting.
*Morning Tea and Afternoon Tea, and Birth Goodie Bag included.